Kid's Programs ages 8-10 and 11-13
A fun introduction to structured activity - with great results!
Our Kids program is specifically designed for children to achieve Confidence, Discipline, Control and Self Defense, all while having fun through challenging techniques. Children also benefit from Communication and Teamwork, which are key elements of the program. "It is easier to teach a child than to fix an adult".
Kids are welcome to attend 1, 2 or 3 times per week, making the program ideal to fit into busy schedules.
Kids programs at Modern Vision MMA are focused on two disciplines: Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai Kickboxing.
- Kick boxing prepares students for the long term benefits of coordination, reaction speed and timing, all while learning how to properly stand, punch and kick, as well as safely defending against those techniques.
- Jiu Jitsu prepares students for open hand techniques, including throwing, grappling and submissions.
- When combined, these two disciplines provide your child the confidence, discipline, respect and self esteem they need to be the best they can!
- All this fun and your child will learn a fitness lifestyle.
Students enroll to practice both disciplines, or programs can be modified to a specific training program.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When does enrollment start? Enrollment into our programs is ongoing; children are welcome to attend each lesson and our instructors arrange partners and groups based on experience level, skill level and goals of the lesson.
- Does my child have to come all 3 days per week? No, however your child is welcome and encouraged to attend as much as they can to ensure they are developing in their martial arts skills. Children are recommended to attend 2x per week, however progress can be made with one lesson per week; three lessons per week will not guarantee faster advancement through the ranks, however will ensure that your child is getting as much practice as they can to advance as quickly as possible.
- When can I enroll for the trial? Enrollment is before their first class, please arrive 15 minutes early so we can sign waivers and take payment for the trial, as well as select a uniform their size and introduce them to their instructors.
- Is there a mix of boys and girls? yes, any given class has a mix of both boys and girls, and they work together as well as separately as the instructors decide, again based on the goals of the program.
Please click book appointment to schedule the first time you will be in with your child to sign the waiver; if you are purchasing in person please also bring your method of payment information with you.
We look forward to seeing you!